Sunday, February 15, 2009

Student Dinner and a Potluck Valentine's




On Friday night, Le Cordon Bleu hosted the Intermediate class dinner at the famous Fouquets on the Champs Elysees.  The food was tasty, although I can see how it must me hard serving food to 150 people at the same time, let alone culinary students and chefs.  Before the dinner, there was a champagne reception.  I was in heaven.
Last night, for Valentine's Day, my friend Sasha had everyone to her house for a potluck dinner.  She gave everyone instructions to bring something red.  I brought red wine and cheese with red jams (I'm never in much of a cooking mood after a week of school).  We feasted on risotto with red wine reduction, spaghetti and meatballs, sangria, chocolate-covered strawberries, cherry pie and sugared beet ice cream.  

Above are pictures of some of us before the dinner, and one of the 2 chefs in charge of Intermediate; Chef Trachant and Chef Thivet.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! I am so sorry I missed your call today. I didn't have my phone. David and I stayed at a Bed and breakfast in Beaufort and it was amazing. My favorite part was cornmeal encrusted scallops over a creamy corn polenta. Also, the wine and chocolate lava cakes were perfect for Valentine's Day. I am loving your blog and I will e-mail soon!

    ReplyDelete