Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dinner at L'Atelier; Quite an Experience

On Wednesday night, Chris and I decided to try the culinary MUST, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon.  They only take reservations at 6:30 so we braced ourselves for a wait at the bar of the Hotel Pont Royal (the restaurant is run out of the hotel).  The restaurant is a basically a huge bar, set up around an elegantly modern open kitchen.  After a pretty miserable 2 and a half hour wait, we were seated, and starving.  I had been dreaming of the discovery menu for months, so we decided on that, along with a few wine pairings.  We had course after course of decadent and interesting treats.  One of our favorites was the asparagus cappuccino, which was deliciously foamy.  

A great culinary adventure, but if I go again, I think I will just stick with an unfashionable 6:30 reservation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment