Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Fattest Tuesday Ever



Yesterday was Fat Tuesday and the chefs at Le Cordon Bleu were in the celebrating mood.  They made all sorts of fried pastries and a mountain of crepes.  I also had two very tasty practicals; in pastry we made passionfruit-raspberry mousse cakes and in cuisine we made cassoulet with sausages and duck leg confit.  It was all delicious, but I left my creations at school to avoid having to schlep everything on the metro.  
After all that, a bunch of us went out to dinner at Odori, a wonderful Korean barbeque place near La Motte-Picquet.  It was a veritable feast, with lots of bibimbap and kimchi.  Since being in Paris, Korean has become one of my favorite cuisines.  All of us at school need regular breaks from the French fare.  
Today, during a cuisine practical, we made bacon-wrapped monkfish, braised artichoke hearts and a cauliflower gratin in Mornay sauce  It was my first time working with monkfish, which was very exciting.  I also got a chance to try out my new ring molds and the chef was very pleased.  

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Man vs Food would have a field day with the bevy of fried pastries & mountains of crepes...

    ReplyDelete